American Cochlear Implant Alliance encourages student/resident attendees of the upcoming CI2018 DC Symposium to submit a poster. If you have worked on a research project or have an interesting clinical case, please submit your research and plan to present a poster as part of your participation in the upcoming conference. Accepted poster presenters must be registered for the conference.
A Student Poster Competition will be held for those enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or resident program. An academic advisor or other university official must verify student/resident status.
- Your poster must meet these guidelines:
- Posters must be no larger than 44" tall by 44" wide.
- A copy of the abstract must be incorporated into the poster or may be attached to the upper left-hand corner of the panel.
- A section at the top of the poster must contain the Title, Authors, and Affiliations.
Click here to review the complete CI2018 Poster Guidelines.
Content/Poster Organization and preparation
- Details on the poster captures the important information about the topic and increases audience understanding
- Introduction: covers previous literature, objectives and/or hypothesis
- Methods and Materials: covers enough detail but not too much verbiage
- Includes experimental design or execution of experiment/project
- Results and Discussion: key outcomes
- Tables and Figures: appropriate quality, size, and number
- Conclusions/summary statements are included and valid
- Literature Cited: list key citations
- Poster is concise, logical, and self-explanatory
- Attractively displayed in color
- Text, figures, tables, and photos labeled and large enough to view from 4’ away
- Title, author(s), and affiliation/location cited at top in bold
- Literature and scientific or trade names properly cited
Originality and Merit
- Research put into broader context/justification
- Understanding of the importance of this potential contribution
- How research fits into the overall field
Oral Discussion/Knowledge and Presentation
- Enthusiasm of subject area
- Knowledge and competence in subject area
- Presentation of poster highlights to judging committee (3-5 minutes max)
- Ability to answer questions from judges
A winner and two honorable mentions will be selected and announced on Friday morning, March 9. Winner will receive a $100 cash prize. Winner and honorable mention recipients will be announced in ACI Alliance Calling and provided with a student membership.
Poster presenters must register for the meeting. Student registration rates are offered.
Conference registration: http://www.ci2018dc.org.