ACI Alliance sponsors annual conferences featuring expert speakers from across the treatment continuum - surgeons, audiologists, speech language pathologists, educators and researchers. For presentations on educational outcomes and other related topics explored during these conferences, please click on the links below.
CI2017 Pediatrics San Francisco
CI2016 International Toronto
CI2014 Pediatrics Nashville
- From Coo to Code in the Baby's First Year: Language Development Start Before Cochlear Implantation: Roberta Golinkoff, Ph.D.
- Current Status of Newborn Hearing Screening: Are We Closing the Gap?: Christie Yoshinaga-Itano, Ph.D.
- Outcomes for Infants Implanted Under 12 Months: Derek Houston, Ph.D.
- Current Evidence for Implantation Under 12 Months - Australian Experience: Rob Briggs, MD
- Neuroplasticity and Bilateral Cochlear Implantation: Blake Papsin, MD
- Beyond Early Intervention: Supporting Deaf Children Through Elementary School: Susan Nittrouer, PhD.
- Using the Entire Tool Box: Improving Cochlear Implant Outcomes: Jace Wolfe, PhD
- Multimodal Assessment and Speech Perception Outcomes in Children with Cochlear Implants or Hearing Aids: Karen Iler Kirk, PhD
- The Importance of Developing Long Range Plans for Students who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing: Case Studies Indicating Significant Growth in Listening, Spoken Language and Academic Skills with Implementation of Specific Intervention Planning: Krista Heavner
- A Co-Enrollment Preschool for Deaf and Hearing Children: Challenges for Participation and Learning:Ann-Elise Kristoffersen
- 14-Years of Data for Pediatric Cochlear Implant Users Attending an Inclusion Program: An Analysis of Vocabulary , Core Language , and Pragmatic Language Use: Meredith Ouellette
- A Survey of New Jersey School Psychologists' Knowledge of Cochlear Implanted Children: Chelsey Dworkin
- The Medical and Educational Team - How Clinicians on the UNC Cochlear Implant Team and State Consultants with the NC Department of Public Instruction Work Together in North Carolina to Improve Outcomes for Students with Cochlear Implants in the Regular Education Setting: Krista Heavner
- Long-Term Development of Consonant Speech Production Accuracy and Consonant Place, Manner And Voicing Features in Pediatric Cochlear Implant Recipients: Jan Moore
- Eye Tracking Studies of Spoken Word Recognition and Production in Children with Cochlear Implants:Richard Schwarz
- Optimizing Language and Listening Outcomes: Incorporating Lessons from Neurodevelopment to Inform Clinical Practice: Denise Eng
- Language Environment Analysis (LENA) as a Tool to Enhance Intervention: Christine Yoshinaga-Itano
- Children with Cochlear Implants: Cognitive and Language Factors Toward Speech Understanding in Noise: Douglas Sladen
- Correlation of Neurocognitive Processing Subtypes with Language Performance in Young Children with Cochlear Implants: Patricia Gates Ulanet
- How can Psychical Factors Affect Language Development?: Carla Rigamonti
- Auditory-Verbal Therapy in Children with Hearing Loss: We Do Not Have Enough Specialists: Habib Rizk
- Use of a Family Characteristics Questionnaire to Examine Broader Perspectives Regarding Pediatric Cochlear Implant Users Outcomes: Shani Dettman
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy: Outcomes of a Family-Based Intervention for Young Children with Hearing Loss: Elizabeth Costa
- Working to Improve Caregivers' Intra-Rater Reliability on the Infant-Toddler Meaningful Auditory Integrations Scales (IT-MAIS) via Video: Brittan Barker
- Development of Joint Engagement in Pediatric Patients Over Two Years Post-Implantation: Ivette Cejas